You have no items in your cart.
Nature’s Gate is born
In 1972, Nature’s Gate was conceived from innovation and natural resources. Two brothers from Venice Beach CA were enlightened to create a shampoo containing only the freshest and cleanest ingredients from mother earth. They were inspired by the purity of natural rainwater, and therefore used it as their primary ingredient; coupled with natural therapeutic herbs to create the very first Rainwater Herbal Shampoo. The product was an overnight success and Nature’s Gate was born.
At Nature’s Gate, we believe that water is the foundation of life. This gift from mother earth is a vital nutrient for everyday life; however some people around the globe don’t have access to clean water. In recognition of the importance of rainwater to our samedayessay heritage and the desire to give back to our communities, Nature’s Gate has been a proud partner with WaterAid since 2008. Nature’s Gate supports Water Aid’s mission to help support the development of sustainable uses for rainwater and help communities, families and children in Africa, Asia, Central and South America to obtain long term access to safe, clean water.
The lack of access to clean water is one of the largest public health issues of our time. The diseases spread by unsafe water undermine the health, education and livelihoods of millions of people, condemning them to live in poverty. Below are some facts about the global water crises. Remember awareness is the beginning of change.
FACTS ABOUT OUR GLOBAL WATER CRISES:
- The water and sanitation crisis is the second biggest killer of children under five years old worldwide
- 748M people in the world don’t have access to safe water. This is roughly one in ten of the world’s population
- 2.5 billion people don’t have access to an adequate bathroom
- More than 500,000 children die every year from diarrhea caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation. That’s over 1,400 children a day
- Many women and children in rural areas of the developing world spend hours each day walking miles to collect water from dirty or unsafe pools and rivers
Facts about water from www.wateraid.org